- Syntactic framework. Which framework represent new elements to have specifying the newest formal presentation syntax out-of RIF reason languages by concentrating this new presentation sentence structure of build. The fresh new demonstration syntax is used from inside the RIF to help you identify this new semantics of one’s dialects also to show part of the suggestions which have instances. It syntax isn’t meant to be a tangible syntax to have the brand new dialects; it simply leaves away details including the delimiters of the numerous syntactic areas, parenthesizing, precedence away from providers, and the like. As the RIF is actually an enthusiastic interchange format, they spends XML as the just concrete syntax.
- Semantic design. The latest semantic structure identifies new systems which can be utilized for indicating the fresh different types of RIF logic languages.
- XML serialization framework. So it framework talks of the general principles you to reasoning dialects should be use in specifying their tangible XML-depending syntaxes. For every single dialect, the real XML syntax are a derivative of dialect’s speech syntax. It could be named a great serialization of that sentence structure.
- Constants and you may parameters. These types of terminology all are to most reasoning languages.
- Positional terminology. Such conditions are commonly utilized in basic-purchase reasoning. RIF-FLD describes positional words from inside the a slightly so much more standard ways into the buy to enable dialects having highest-order sentence structure, like HiLog [CKW93] and you can Relfun [RF99].
- Words that have titled objections. Talking about like positional conditions other than for every single dispute regarding an excellent label is named in addition to buy of one’s arguments was immaterial. Words having called arguments generalize the very thought of rows when you look at the relational tables, in which column titles correspond to argument labels.
- Listings. Such terms and conditions match directories inside the reasoning programming, and are also used in the fundamental Reason Dialect. Minimal versions of those words can be used on the Center Dialect as well as the Design Laws Dialect.
- Frames. A frame label means a denial from the an item and its particular functions. These conditions correspond to molecules of F-reason [KLW95]. There’s syntactic similarity anywhere between words having named arguments and you can structures, as the characteristics (or characteristics) off an item wind up as called objections. not, new semantics of those terms will vary (find Section Semantic Formations).
- Class. This type of terminology are widely used to identify the brand new subclass and you will class registration dating. There are 2 categories of class terms: membership terms and you may subclass conditions. Such as for instance structures, such conditions have been lent out-of F-reasoning [KLW95].
- Equality. This type of terms are acclimatized to associate most other terms.
pred:numeric-equivalent or pred:boolean-equivalent). Those predicates have fixed interpretations, which coincide with the interpretation of the equality terms defined in this document when the latter are evaluated over data types. General use https://datingranking.net/fastflirting-review/ of equality terms is supported in systems such as FLORA-2 [FL2], and special cases are also allowed in Relfun [RF99].
Terms are then used to define several types of RIF-FLD formulas. RIF dialects can choose to permit all or some of the aforesaid categories of terms. In addition, RIF-FLD introduces extension points, one of which allows the introduction of new kinds of terms. An extension point is a keyword that is not a syntactic construct per se, but a placeholder that is supposed to be replaced by specific syntactic constructs of an appropriate kind. RIF-FLD defines several types of extension points: symbols (NEWSYMBOL), connectives (), quantifiers (NEWQUANTIFIER), aggregate functions (NEWAGGRFUNC), and terms (NEWTERM).
However, away from analysis types, the fresh interpretation of your equivalence terminology may differ and is calculated of the contents of RIF data files
Symbol places partition the fresh set of non-logical icons you to correspond to personal constants, predicates, and procedures, and every partition is then offered its semantics. An icon place possess an enthusiastic identifier and an effective lexical place, and that defines brand new “shape” of icons where icon space. Particular symbol spaces inside the RIF are widely used to identify Online agencies in addition to their lexical space contains strings you to definitely syntactically seem like internationalized money identifiers [RFC-3987], or Eye (e.g., Most other icon areas are widely used to represent the new datatypes necessary for RIF (instance,